Mel's Heart

My thoughts about God, living for Him, being a writer, wife, mom, and child of God

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

You Always Know Where To Find Me

On my way home from dropping the boys off at school i was listening to Watermark's song, You always know where to find me. Oh Lord, what a comfort. Lord, You know I'll wander from You, in my heart and my actions. You know there'll be times when I choose other loves before You, times when I'll doubt Your love, times when I can't see You clearly. I'll have a divided heart and I'll choose to be own my master.

But God in your love you'll pursue me. psalm 139 asks where can I go from Your Spirit or where can i flee from Your presence? You reassure me that you will find Me, for even the darkness is not dark to You. You will find me. You will find me.

Thank you, Lord, that You did not create me and then desert me. Not at all. You created me to know me and for me to know You, to be all that I am to enjoy You and to glorify You. Thank you, Lord.

I love the story of the prodigal son, a child who chose to wander away from the one who loved him most, his father. And his father, like our heavenly Father, waited and don't you know he prayed with tears and grief for his wandering son. And then in Luke 15 I can just imagine the father standing out in front of his home, looking and wondering where his son is and what he's doing. Then his heart leaps for a long way off he sees a figure approaching and he knows it's his son. He can't run fast enough to embrace his son.

Wherever we've wandered, even if only in our thoughts and hearts, the Father longs for us to return. He'll embrace us with open arms and a heart bursting with love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home