Mel's Heart

My thoughts about God, living for Him, being a writer, wife, mom, and child of God

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Show Me Your Glory

Moses prayed to God,"Show me your glory!" in Exodus 33: 18. Now Moses prayed this after he had been walking and talking with God for some time out in the wilderness. In fact in Exodus 33:11 it says that Moses and the Lord used to speak face to face, just as a man speaks to his friend. So Moses had incredible intimacy with God. But he still prayed to see God's glory.

I've been wondering what Moses really meant by that question. I think as I've meditated on this verse that Moses wanted to continue to be sure of God. And I think really key is that he wanted to continue to know more and more of God.

That's what I want. I want to know God more and more each day of my life. So I've been praying that prayer, "Show me your glory, Lord God." I've been thinking about how we see God and what is God's glory.

God's glory is who He is, His nature,His character, and the more we know Him, the more we see Him. We have to be purposeful about seeing Him,about seeking Him more than anything else in our lives.

I've seen God's glory in many ways this week... red cardinals at my bird feeders; snuggles wtih my puppy dogs; wise words from godly friends; a gift of a bracelet with all my favorite colors; hunger and thirst for the Lord in the lives of other women around me; changes in my husband's heart; a bunny rabbit out back at the farm; rain and pretty purple pink flowers; a church where God is worshipped and lifted up; the certainty of His Word.

Thank you, Lord, for a few glimpses of His glory. I'm going to continue to pray that the eyes of my heart will see His glory.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home