Mel's Heart

My thoughts about God, living for Him, being a writer, wife, mom, and child of God

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Speaking

This morning I spoke at my friend Lisa's Bible study class, a marriage class I was in last fall. It was such a great Bible study, such an encouragement in my marriage. Such a sweet group of women who truly have sought God in their marriages. They let me practice on them this morning. Thank you friends.

I just listend to my tape - the first time I've taped myself. Well, it was okay. Heard too many "ums." I've given a couple of other talks on marriage, but this particular talk was new, one I definitely felt God lead me to give, on "stinkin' thinking," lies we believe in marriage. I love the topic because understanding how to be free from believing lies in my marriage has truly transformed my marriage.

As for speaking, it's still a challenge, keeps me totally dependent on God. I am sure this is something God has called me to do. In fact three years ago I began to sense a call on my life, wasn't sure what it was, but gradually figured out that it would involve speaking/teaching. And then I got the book contract and that confirmed it. I actually had panic attacks - yes, real ones, not just feeling scared - over the thought of speaking. But God has continued to walk hand-in-hand with me, and I want to be obedient to Him in this area.

So I've had some small speaking gigs, and I can say that the fear has subsided and I've even enjoyed it! Please pray for me in this area!

1 Comments:

At 2:20 PM, Blogger Speaking Thru Me Ministries said...

i am not sure anything is more painful than listening to yourself or watching yourself. but you are right, you do learn so much!!

great job girlie!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home