Mel's Heart

My thoughts about God, living for Him, being a writer, wife, mom, and child of God

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Pure Heart and Bad Cooking

"God, the Father, is so interested in me – not because I’m so great – but because he wants to see in my life that His Son did not die in vain. It blesses God to know that I DO consider Jesus my hero, that I am grateful every minute of every day for His sacrifice.

For me, to live IS Christ.

How about you?


©2002 Rhonda Webb"

I found this quotation on a speaker's website and it just lept off the page and into my heart. As I pursue this still very new journey of writing and speaking, I want to have a pure heart,a heart that wants to do only what God wants me to do and one that wants only God to have the glory.

Truthfully, though, I'm so excited I wrote a book and that my dream came true. Yes, I definitely know that God orchestrated the book and inspired me as I wrote. I continue to pray every day that my readers' marriages will be the ones to benefit from my book and that it will point readers to know how much God loves them.

But then back to me, hee hee. See, I have been an "all-about-me" girl for much of my life (are you reading this, chere!)

So I continue to hold loosely to the blessings in my life and to hold tightly to the hand of Jesus.

And God gives me plenty of opportunities to remain humble.
This is just one little example.

I am not a good cook. I have many excuses, chief of which i've always had a traveling husband, why cook a full meal for me and the kids, and then when he does get home he's tired of eating out big meals, blah, blah, blah.
Well my friend marybeth (see her great blog at http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/marybeth) has great, easy recipes sometimes on her blog, so i decided to try one.

This is the recipe - put boneless chicken breasts in the crockpot, pour over it barbecue sauce, cook on low. Then shred chicken for barbecue sandwiches.
Okay, can't get much easier. Well, it was dry as sawdust. No one would eat it. Scott tried to doctor it up some. I said to him, "It's awful, isn't it?" He agreed, then I got mad at him.

That's me and cooking right there. Keeps me humble.

1 Comments:

At 6:12 AM, Blogger BRN2SELL said...

Hey Mel ... I am working hard on putting easy recipes on my new blog ... I understand what you mean when you say without a full family why bother ... but you know it is not about what is on the table ... but who is at the table and what is being talked about that is most important.

Also, I can not wait to read your book ... I am praying that it will be a huge success for the LORD. In HIS name ... Mark

 

Post a Comment

<< Home