Mel's Heart

My thoughts about God, living for Him, being a writer, wife, mom, and child of God

Sunday, April 02, 2006

Spring has sprung




Finally it's warm here in Charlotte! We've got the windows open, we've been for walks, Scott worked in the yard, we're talking about flowers to buy...

This beautiful painting is by my mom. Isn't she talented? She did this painting for me for my bday last year, as she knows I love flowers and pink! So this painting is in my pink room, my guest room.
(by the way - I downloaded this photo all by myself, quite an accomplishment!)

God knows we need and love new beginnings. He created the seasons, a day and night so we could start all over the next day. He says many things about newness in His Word.

Lamentations 3:22, 23 The Lord's lovingkindness indeed never cease, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; Great is your faithfulness!

2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away behold, new things have come.

Isaiah 43: 18, 19 “’Do not call to mind the former things, or ponder things of the past. Behold I will do something new, now it will spring forth; will you not be aware of it? I will even make a roadway in the wilderness, rivers in the desert.’”

These are some of my absolute favorite promises! What new thing does God want to do in your life? If you have any other verses about newness, let me know and I'll post them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home