Mel's Heart

My thoughts about God, living for Him, being a writer, wife, mom, and child of God

Sunday, February 19, 2006

Amazing Grace

When Zachary was little, I sang Amazing Grace to him and rubbed his back as he was falling asleep. I loved that little tradition. Today our worship band played a beautiful version of Amazing Grace. That reminded me of how sweet it was to sing to zach. And then I pictured God's grace - His love, His favor, His mercy raining down on his children. He just loves us because He made us to be His children. Just like we love our children just because they're ours.

See how great a love the Father has bestowed on us that we would be called children of God, and such we are. 1 John 3:1

Amazing Grace,
how sweet the sound
that saved a wretch like me.
I once was lost,
but now I'm found.
Was blind but now I see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home