Mel's Heart

My thoughts about God, living for Him, being a writer, wife, mom, and child of God

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Wow Moments

Since this writing-a-book-thing is still very new to me, I'm going to continue to write about writing a book. hee hee.

Yesterday I was emailing back and forth with Gene, my editor from Harvest House. He said he'd be finishing up the edits on my book, and then he'd start working on Stormie Omartian's book. That was a wow moment for me. Just to think that my editor is also Stormie Omartian's! Cool!

I'm writing on my wonderful new laptop computer. Our pc crashed over the weekend. I had the most valuable stuff backed up, thank God, but some important info I lost. There's a lesson for you! I lost all my email addresses, so if you're reading this and want to email me so i have your email that would be great. (melandtheboys@carolina.rr.com)

My sweet husband was out of town working all wkend, has one day in town this week which was Monday, then leaves town for the rest of the week. He was determined to get my computer situation taken care of before he left, however, because he knew I was working on some things. This was just the best news ever to me because I absolutely despise dealing with computer problems.

So he went to the computer store, decided now was a good time to get me a laptop - something we'd been discussing anyway - and in the midst of that got called out to work. So he went to work, flew back in Monday pm, went back to the store, bought me a computer, and had it all completely set up for me by the time he left at 5 am Tuesday. I think he got about 3 hours of sleep.

That was another wow moment. He loves me so much and shows me that all the time. What a sacrifice he made for me! Thank you, sweet husband!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home