Mel's Heart

My thoughts about God, living for Him, being a writer, wife, mom, and child of God

Sunday, February 12, 2006

T-Day

My next book, according to Scott, should be called What a Wife Needs from her Husband. I can assure you I could write that book in about a week. No problem reaching the word count on that one. Scott's best buddy Mike said, how's that book mel wrote working out for you, with sarcasm and a big grin. ha ha.

The past two days have been t-days, transition days. If your husband travels, you might know what I'm talking about. These are the days we adjust from him being gone a lot to now being home, which is what I want but at the same time it can be a hard switch. Scott says I have saved up all my complaints about him while he's been gone and I just need to get them out of my system. That's not far from true. And I've given him very little sympathy for his knee surgery. No, I am not a florence nightingale, or whatever her name was. Thank goodness.

At least we can laugh a lot now. That's the biggest difference as the years have gone by. We're angry less or for a shorter amount of time and we laugh at ourselves more.

So why did God ask me to write this book about what a husband needs? For me, for me to learn to put my eyes on God and see His perspective and purpose for marriage. It's not about happily ever after, as I try to make it. It's not about me, as I try to make it. It's about God. He put His stamp of approval on marriage, on oneness in marriage, knowing that quite often it would be the most challenging and rewarding assignment He gives two people.

Other reasons? Certainly. I hope God will use my book to make others examine their marriages honestly, and surrender it to God. But sometimes I want to tell Him, God you chose the wrong person. I am so not a worthy representative of You. Quite a few people told God that. I think of Moses. He tried really hard to get out of his calling to lead the Israelites out of Egypt. It makes me think of
1 Corinthians 1:27: but God has chosen the foolish things of the world to shame the things which are strong... Let him who boasts, boast in the Lord."

1 Comments:

At 1:01 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Mel! I've really enjoyed reading your blogs (especially when I have the time)! Tell all your boys I said 'hi' and I hope Scott recovers quickly from his knee surgery. Looking forward to reading your book.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home