Mel's Heart

My thoughts about God, living for Him, being a writer, wife, mom, and child of God

Saturday, January 28, 2006

Flesh vs. Spirit

Kind of a weird title...In the past few years I've been learning more about what this means. Basically the flesh is old sinful patterns of behavior we practiced before we were Christians. 2 Cor. 5:17 says that if we're Christians,those who believe that Jesus Christ alone is Lord and Master, we are new creatures. The old has passed away and the new has come! So we have new nature.

If only that transformation took place in the blink of an eye! But it doesn't, does it? I continue to sin, to need God's forgiveness. The transformation is a step by step process, and I think this slow process reminds me that I need God, that I cannot depend on my own strength to change.

Just this week I was a walking hormonal psychotic woman! My poor household! I was walking in the flesh, not the spirit.

But the good thing is I truly felt sorry and repentant, did not want to act that way. So I apologized to my family and to God. I knew He forgave me, but honestly I was disapponted in myself and having a hard time forgiving myself.

Then just this morning I read a verse that God knew I needed to be reminded of.
Romans 8:38, 39 For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalties, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus.

What an amazing thing to be able to count on God for his love, to count on God over and over for His forgiveness. Thank you, Lord.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home