Mel's Heart

My thoughts about God, living for Him, being a writer, wife, mom, and child of God

Sunday, November 26, 2006

The Christmas Tree



I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! We sure did, and I loved just being at home with good friends. Scott made the turkey and it was so good! I made dressing using Granny's recipe. And then friends made everything else. How nice!

Well, Friday I got up in the attic by myself to get out the Christmas decorations. That may not sound like a big deal, but it is because of this - we do not have a pull-down ladder to our attic - i'm just going to say that was a stupid move by the builders. So I have to get down the ladder, carry it upstairs, climb up the ladder, stand precariously on the top, get down about 10 boxes of Christmas stuff, and carefully carry each box down. It actually was quite dangerous but I was determined to do this by myself for one reason - to avoid fighting with Scott. That's right. He hates getting Christmas stuff out of the attic. So maybe I'll fall and hurt myself one year but at least Scott and I will not have been fighting. hee hee

Tyler and I loooove decorating. It makes it so much fun to have tyler be so enthusiastic! We always get a live tree, so maybe we'll get that today or tomorrow. Last year we really didn't do much Christmas decorating, as I was trying to meet my Jan.1st book deadline, so this year we'll go all out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home