Mel's Heart

My thoughts about God, living for Him, being a writer, wife, mom, and child of God

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Friday

I love Fridays. It's like I can breathe a little easier, the week is coming to an end, time to relax and have the family together.

1. Some more answered prayer - Scott has had only day trips this week and has been home every night. That makes such a difference.

2. One day this weeek was just trying - I won't go into details, but i'll just say I wanted to give up and crawl back in bed - but I didn't! Thank you Amy and Mike, for being there for me. Then later that day Scott called me and told me he doesn't have to work the wkend of 11/3. Thank you God! I am going to be away that weekend for a retreat, so i was trying to figure out what to do with the kids. If you know me, you know I don't like leaving my kids, so while I knew it would all work out, it was stressful. So when I got that news that was just such a gift from God! I just felt at that moment that God cared so much for me, He is so personal. I also felt rewarded for pressing through some trials, even if they're minor, to get to his blessings.

3. One of the things that I've been writing about is how God's love for us is so intimate. He is not a far off removed God, as so many people mistakenly think. I found this beautiful quote below and I'll share it with you to remind you that God wants us to come to Him and pour out our hearts to Him about everything. Happy WEekend.


Emile Griffin wrote a little book called, Clinging, which my aunt dot sent me. “this is the one intimacy of which we need not be afraid, for it will not disappoint or betray us. On God we can loose all the intensity of what we are, all the passion and the longing we feel. This is the one surrender we can make in utter trust, knowing that we can rest our whole weight there and nothing will give way.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home