Mel's Heart

My thoughts about God, living for Him, being a writer, wife, mom, and child of God

Saturday, October 21, 2006

Just LIfe

I haven't written much about what's going on with all of us, so I'll just give a little up date, from youngest to oldest:)

Tyler is seven and in second grade. He has the greatest second teacher ever, Mrs. Shumate, at Wesley Chapel. This is the same teacher Zachary had. She loves him and helps steer all his energy the right way. She has three boys herself so she knows how to handle them! Tyler loves her, loves school, loves friends, would rather play with friends than anything else in the world. I love that about him - but it can make me a little crazy too! Some days just have to be stay-at-home, no playing with friends days and he does not like that! Yesterday in the garage he and his buddies created a band out of stuff they found in the garage and now he's all about that.

Zachary is going to be twelve next month and he just looks so grown up! He loves basketball still - in fact today he woke up at 7 am, turned on ESPN, looked at me with a big smile, and said, I just love basketball. It's 7:30 am and he and Scott have already left to spend the whole day - till 6pm - at WCWAA basketball evaluations. They love it, they'll do the same thing tomorrow - they've done this three weekends in a row - and i'm about sick of it! I love their passion but I get a little lonely. One of the things i've always had a hard time with is Scott being away on weekends. Maybe tonight he and i will go to a movie...

Scott and I are most of the time on the same page - and that is really God's work of transformation in our lives. As I'm going to groups speaking on What a Husband Needs from His Wife, I am reminded so many times of how far God has brought our marriage. Even yesterday when I was ranting and raving a bit about basketball, we still were laughing and not getting too worked up and trying to listen to one another. In our early days, all we did was fight and I cried a lot. The main point of the book is that God can transform a marriage that is surrendered to Him. I continue to press on in God's grace and power.

As for me,lots! I'll include this schedule so you can please pray for me. I've seen such incredible answers to prayer - I wrote about a couple on the previous entry.

I have two radio interviews this week for the book - weds, and thursday.

I'm speaking on my book (about marriage) on 11/2 Thursday am to a local MOPs group - it's Weddington Community Church which will meet at Siler Presbyterian,right down the corner from Southbrook. If anyone wants to go let me know!

Then I leave friday 11/3 to speak at a retreat in Houston. I am so excited! Marybeth connected me with them - thank you, friend.

Then I speak on 12/2 at Southbrook's Christmas Tea - what an honor to speak at my own church.

Then I fly on 12/13 to Tampa for a TV station interview on my book!

So life is rich and full and I'm so truly honored to be able to preach for God! May all I do and say bring Him glory. 1 Peter 4:11 Whoever speaks is to do so as one who is speaking the utterances of God, whoever serves is to do so as one who is serving by the strength which God supplies, so that in all things God may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom belongs the glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home