Mel's Heart

My thoughts about God, living for Him, being a writer, wife, mom, and child of God

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Writing

I'm writing today on my blog about writing. Lately, I'm back into being very purposeful about writing. Really, I have to be because in the next month I will three talks and end with a weekend retreat. Wow! I am so thankful for these open doors, know that they are divinely appointed. Please pray that I will be filled with the HOly Spirit as I prepare the messages and then filled with the Spirit as I deliver them. May all that I do in this speaking/writing ministry be to God's glory.

I am officially a Proverbs 31 speaker! There's a link on my sidebar for this ministry, Proverbs31.org. This ministry has had such an impact on who I am today and the calling on my life. As many of you know, they published my article on marriage, it was read by Harvest House publishers, which led eventually to my book, What a Husband Needs from His Wife. It is such privilege and honor to be part of that team.

Meanwhile there's life... and writing...and life... I'm the kind of writer who would love the hours of 5 am to about 11 am totally free for writing. Just a big chunk of morning time with nothing to do but write would make me incredibly happy. I'm a morning person, most creative then, just wake up with all kinds of ideas in my head. Plus writing is thinking/praying/reading/writing/revising... it's such a thinking process for me. So I get in this zone and I just want to stay there! Can any writers or speakers relate to that?

But how incredibly unrealistic is that?! There's the dogs waking up, the kids to get off to school, then ... life! My husband has been on a business trip all week, tyler has had strep throat for the second time...and laundry and meals and homework and practices and phone calls...and exercise and housework and you know, the stuff of life.

So Tuesday I just struggled and fought with the "interruptions" of life because all I wanted to do was write! Sometimes I get in this mode where I'm bubbling over with ideas and I'm afraid that if I don't get them down on paper they'll be gone...

I am in a time in my life where I am learning to have balance with these new responsibilities of speaking and writing... The really cool thing is that while I was just driving home from picking zach up at basketball practice at 8:30 at night I had some really great thoughts for a talk I'm working on.

So the truth is it's always about trusting God to do what He has called me to do. He will make a way, one step at a time. I don't have to try to orchestrate the perfect schedule for writing.
Proverbs 3:5&6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In ALL your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your path.

1 Comments:

At 6:51 PM, Blogger Speaking Thru Me Ministries said...

glad to see you back posting! Miss it when you take a sabatacle ( or however you spell it) BREAK!

Ideal time to write and prepare is never what i think it is! I am totally with you and feel your "pain".

This too (the time in our lives) shall pass, but i hope not too, too quickly!

Love you girl!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home