Mel's Heart

My thoughts about God, living for Him, being a writer, wife, mom, and child of God

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

God's been good to me

Tonight I am tired but feeling reflective. So I'll share some thoughts before I go to bed really early- even skipping idol.

God is so good. REally, really good. What an amazing thing His love is. It's not a distant, far off, let me see how you do before I decide if I love you, kind of love. It's just love, pure love, because God is love and He cannot be separated from His character.

My heart is just full of the way He has been so good to me. I never want to take His blessings for granted, although I know that I do. So thank you, Heavenly Father, that you know me by name. Thank you for my sweet husband, that you knew He was the one I needed. Scott has sharpened me and has shown me so much of your light and your love. Thank you for the good, good friends in my life who love you and pursue you. Thank you for today at the pond with Holly, good talking, little boys having adventures in the woods, while three dogs crashed around getting muddy as can be.

Thank you for the things I've been learning about You, the way you're opening my eyes to new things, the way Your Word leaps out at me, that I hunger and thirst for You more and more and that You give me that desire.

Thank you for taking away my fears and insecurities so I can be who you created me to be.
2 Timothy 1:7 for god has not given us a spirit of fear, but of love and power and discipline.

1 Comments:

At 5:30 PM, Blogger CameraDawktor said...

What?! You skipped Idol? Just kidding, I did too. I taped it though so I am going to watch it tonight. Just thought I'd come by and tease 'ya!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home