Mel's Heart

My thoughts about God, living for Him, being a writer, wife, mom, and child of God

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

You have circled this mountain long enough

These verses from Deuteronomy have been in my heart and mind lately.
Deuteronomy 2:3 & 7 "You have circled this mountain long enough. Now turn north
...For the Lord your God has blessed you in all that you have done; He has known your wonderings through this great wilderness. These forty years the Lord your God has been with you; you have not lacked a thing."

God has been saying to me the past few years that it is time to move on and get over myself! I have circled the mountain long enough, in the sense that I have allowed fears and insecurities to keep me from doing what I believe God is calling me to do - write and speak. The forty years lept out at me because I really began to have my eyes opened, in a spiritual sense, at the age of forty. And what a comfort to be reminded that God is with me every step of the way.

I went to hear Marybeth Whalen speak on motherhood, and she gave such great reminders of what a blessing and a calling it is to be a child's mother. One of the verses she mentioned is such a beautiful promise for whatever challenge we are facing - trials of motherhood, marriage, facing fears, etc. Psalm 37:24 When he falls, he will not be hurled headlong, because the Lord is the One who holds his hand.

The only reason I can move ahead one step at a time is that I know that I know that God is with me, holding my hand. I'm not walking behind or ahead; I'm walking beside him holding His hand. That's a good place to be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home