Mel's Heart

My thoughts about God, living for Him, being a writer, wife, mom, and child of God

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Where are you planted?

I was blessed yesterday by two things. First, I went to a Bible study group in Indian Trail. They had just finished doing the study at the end of my marriage book. So we just talked and I just shared some of the things God continues to teach me in marriage. They were such a fun and loving group, a group of women so obviously seeking God. So in doing ministry I was blessed. And you know, I've been so busy that just for a moment I had thought about not going. I'm so glad that I did, however, because it was such a great feeling knowing that the book I wrote helped women in their marriages.

Then my devotional ran yesterday and it was an invitation to have a relationship with the Lord, or to recommit to a relationship with the God who loves you. It was part of the devotionals that run through Proverbs 31 Ministry - see sidebar. I got an e-mail from the office that many people had responded that they accepted Christ. How amazing. How much fun it is to be obedient to God and to know that He's using me. There is truly no better feeling!

In Psalm 1:3, 4 we read:"He will be like a tree firmly planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in its season and its leaf does not wither; and in whatever he does, he prospers."

So it makes me think about: Where are you planted? Wherever you are planted is the place God wants you to bear fruit, to take whatever that next step of obedience is, to cling to Him. And then we will bear fruit and prosper!

1 Comments:

At 2:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks...

Canan Eoy
Health

 

Post a Comment

<< Home