Mel's Heart

My thoughts about God, living for Him, being a writer, wife, mom, and child of God

Friday, February 16, 2007

Thankful for friends who seek God

Today I am feeling so thankful for friends who love and follow God.

Today Scott was feeling disgruntled and tired and grumpy and frustrated, mostly about some work stuff. I was gone this morning, and by the time I got home Scott had changed. He was at peace. I could just tell immediately. I asked him what was different. He said he just lost focus for a bit - and he remembered to put his eyes on the Lord, and it's going to be okay.

A friend just called to give me an update on something she had asked me to pray about. She was having a really bad attitude about a situation, and she was really frustrated and just vented some yesterday and asked for prayer.

And then this morning she did something incredible - instead of hanging on to that crummy attitude, instead of choosing to sin, she humbled herself this morning and fell on her face and told God she was just desperate for HIm. She knew that she needed to change her attitude but He was going to have to come through - and boy did He. The situation she was involved in had a good outcome and i could just hear in her voice the joy she found in obeying God!

Then the other friends who inpsired me are the Whalens. Marybeth's blog- see sidebar- is one of my favorites because some days it's about her every day life - which is very different from mine, and other days it's about more weighty matters.

The day that really stood out to me was "About paying off our college loan" on 2/14. her husband Curt blogs sometimes and she's got a link that day to his comments about their debt. It just moved me to tears because of their faithfulness to God. They could have taken an easier way out probably, they could have said this obedience is too hard - but they didn't. Step by step they have been faithful in paying off their debt.

So thank you my dear friends for your faithful example of following the Lord, of pressing into Him, knowing that He is the source of all we need and all we want to be. These friends are an example to me of Phillipians 4: 8,9: "Finally brethren, whaever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home