Mel's Heart

My thoughts about God, living for Him, being a writer, wife, mom, and child of God

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Just the simple things

I have my husband back! hee hee Basketball for Scott and the boys was officially over MOnday pm when Zach's All Star team came in second place. We all wish they had won. But mostly I'm glad it's over. It exhausted all of us and challenged our marriage. Scott's being a coach and age commissioner for the community basketball league was more time consuming than we anticipated. He did a great, great job. I love to see Scott in action because his passion is youth sports and he is truly so great with kids. Such a motivator and encourager.

But I've missed the simple things. Last night Scott grilled hamburgers and then just the two of took the dogs for a walk. It's such great weather and we took the dogs to Champion Forest where they can run in the woods, and all that makes me so happy.

Today I cleaned and did laundry and did some work and i'm ready to leave tomorrow for the Hearts at Home conference in Detroit. How fun!

2 Comments:

At 6:49 AM, Blogger Shari Braendel said...

Hi Melanie, Beautiful devo today...just what I needed to hear as I'm stuggling being "nice" mom when I need to get a little more "strong" mom! Thanks, girl...have fun this weekend! love, Shari

 
At 7:25 AM, Blogger lori D. said...

Right there with you on the nice Mom thing....but thanks for all the" walking the dog" happy comments.....I just lost my little sweet sheltie last night in a freak accident....I(& my family) need prayer...to be able to walk a dog again..............

 

Post a Comment

<< Home