Mel's Heart

My thoughts about God, living for Him, being a writer, wife, mom, and child of God

Friday, June 02, 2006

my hair

Okay, got my hair cut and colored by someone new yesterday. Love the color and my hair is in great condition now, after being really dry. I have a very short bob. very short. shorter than i thought. I had a little extra coloring in a spot at my hair line. I was thinking what could i use to get that off? then i saw the magic eraser, the little sponge that takes off scuffs from the walls. sure enough, it takes off hair color, too. i cracked myself up!

hmmm why do I always want the hair I don't have? I think it's like that with women and a lot of other issues - we compare ourselves to other women's bodies, hair, clothes, homes, abilities, and as you get older... wrinkles... and it sure is easy to find yourself lacking in the comparison.

but i am certain that this is a ploy of the enemy to keep us dissatisfied with ourselves, thus not ever enjoying being who God created us to be.

I read a great question in Dan Allender's to be told, a question which has helped me value my uniqueness and i hope it does you too:
"What about God am I most uniquely suited to reveal to others?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home