Mel's Heart

My thoughts about God, living for Him, being a writer, wife, mom, and child of God

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Seeking Him

I am in a Bible study Tuesday nights with a great group of women, women who truly love God and want to know Him better. This week's lesson was on honesty, specifically about being honest with God. Our legacy from Adam and Eve is to try to hide and pretend with others and God. How silly! What can we possibly hide from God! And God wants us to be honest so we can be cleansed of our self, to be filled with Him, to be used by HIm.

So that takes us to confession, which seems to be a recurring theme in my life.
Confession is being honest with God about our sin, really about our independence from God. So I am just going throughout the day trying to pray all day, to confess as God brings things to mind. What a blessing to be free from sin! While we were yet sinners Christ died for us... Romans 5:28.

And then that leads me to cleaning out in general. I really to get rid of stuff. There was that time I threw away the really important check, but that's a story in my book!

To me there's just something cathartic about getting rid of old stuff, stuff I'm not using or don't need anymore. If you think about it, there's a great spiritual parallel there! I am seeing many old ways of doing things in my life. The big one I'm learning about right now is not responding out of my own thoughts and feelings and will. I take all that captive to the Lord, confess it if it's sin, and then let Him fill me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home