Mel's Heart

My thoughts about God, living for Him, being a writer, wife, mom, and child of God

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Oprah and Proverbs 31 and Southbrook Church

My friends were on Oprah this past Monday and I still cry just thinking about it.
It was an extraordinary family show - and 5 friends from here were featured because they've all adopted Liberian orphans. For anyone wanting more information about this story/adoptions/Proverbs 31 - I want to give you some info.

southbrookchurch.com Our church here in Weddington, NC where many, many families have adopted Liberian orphans.

Proverbs 31 Ministry - see the link on the sidebar - this is the ministry I speak for, the ministry that Lysa TerKeurst is the President of. Also, Marybeth Whalen on my sidebar speaks for P31.

Mark's blog - Mark, married to Cindy, is one of the Dads who was on the show and his blog is listed on my sidebar.

One of the things that Mark said has stayed with me - and made me cry!
He said something like this - So many people tell us what a great thing we did by adopting, but what they don't know is the blessing is all ours.

Amen!

The most awesome thing about the show is that God was mentioned over and over and over - more than I think anyone hoped for. And God kept up with the surprises - Lysa's book is on the oprah.com website! I think you go to books mentioned in shows, or something like that.

Also, the Proverbs 31 website has a place where you can click if you want to know more about Jesus and indicate if you became a Christian and lots have!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home