Mel's Heart

My thoughts about God, living for Him, being a writer, wife, mom, and child of God

Saturday, January 27, 2007

What's Happening

I haven't been blogging much, have I? I'm going to get back into at least my weekly routine.
What's been going on here is just the usual stuff - basketball, school, dogs, scott's schedule is getting busy again.

As for me, I'm going through the weirdest nonwriting stage. I mean that is really weird for me. I am usually always writing something - at least in my journal, or a blog, or an article, or a devotion. I've actually been pretty frustrated, and I'm just praying through it. My friend Marybeth, a writer and fellow Proverbs 31 speaker, said the wisest thing - maybe I shouldn't fight where I am, or feel frustrated. She said she's learning that there's a reason for those nonwriting phases. Maybe what I would write at that particular time I'm just not ready to write. Maybe God has more to teach me about that subject. I loved that advice! So wise!
It reminded me of something I read by Don Miler - live what you write, or better yet, write what you live.

Last week I went to visit my friend Lisa Whittle, a writer and speaker who I met through She Speaks last year. While I'm mentioning She Speaks, this is Proverbs 31's annual speaker/writer conference held the third weekend of June - click on Proverbs 31 on the sidebar and then you can find the She Speaks link. This conference is really expanded this year - sessions for speakers, writers, and what's been added this year is a track for teens and a track for women's ministry. Wow! I've been to She Speaks three times and I feel passionate about it because it's very much where God confirmed my calling to write and speak. The strength of the conference is that it's like a spiritual revival. It's just incredible to be around like-minded Christian women. I highly recommend it! Email if you have any questions.

Okay, back to Lisa. She's got a book coming out this month and she's waiting to hear from a publisher right now about another two-book contract. Oh, waiting is so hard! So we talked about writing some and I shared with her some book ideas. Then that night I sent these ideas to my publisher. Now I'm waiting to hear what they think. If they like something, then I'll have to write a proposal, and then I'll have to wait on their response to that. I'm definitely ready to write another book, so please pray that my ideas will be accepted!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home