Mel's Heart

My thoughts about God, living for Him, being a writer, wife, mom, and child of God

Monday, January 16, 2006

THE BOOK CONTINUED

When I was asked to submit a proposal, I was pretty much in happy shock. You see, writing a book was of course my ultimate dream, but to be honest, it was a dream I was afraid to even pray about. I knew that one day I would write a book and try to get it published, but I thought it would take many years. So the way this book came about is a miracle, truly. I have shouted, laughed, cried, and thanked God so many times. It just brings me to my knees that God knew this little dream of mine, and chose me to be used this way.

I am finding that there is no greater feeling than being used by God in the way that you really hope to be used and with the gifts He's given you to serve Him.

One thing I know for sure is that the topic of marriage was for me. I pray that other women will benefit from my book, but if no one else does, I certainly have. Marriage is hard for me. Scott and I love each other fiercely, but we are both stubborn, passionate, and selfish. So many times while writing the book, I would just have to walk away from the keyboard, go to God in prayer and tell Him there was NO WAY I could write a book on marriage, especially since at the moment I wanted to kill my husband.

So the whole process of writing the book was for me to look at myself and to be willing to surrender all of my marriage to God. So that's what I'm doing.

1 Comments:

At 10:37 AM, Blogger Speaking Thru Me Ministries said...

You go girl!! Your thirst for Him and honesty about marriage is going to touch so many!! Thanks for letting us see your heart! I will be excited to see more and more of your "posts".
Have a wonderful day!
Smileplz!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home